Monday, February 15, 2010

Spicy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms & Chicken Pot Pie

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

We ended up seeing Morten Lauridsen's
Lux Aeterna and Carl Off's Carmina Burana at Carnegie Hall's Love, Lust, and Light concert. We were so hungry that during intermission we snuck in a bag of m&ms. As the second half of the show started, we found ourselves trying to find clever ways to slip those m&ms in our mouths and chew them to the beat of the music. If we could do it again, I would recommend not getting the peanut ones, they have an extra crunch to them.

Now let's talk about dinner :) I've always wanted to try stuffed mushrooms, and was so excited when I found one where the filling had crabmeat in it. Thank you, good ol' Emeril Lagasse!






















INGREDIENTS

12 oz white mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed.

1 pound crabmeat, picked over for shells & cartilage

1 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeno's (I substituted these with Rick's Picks Mean Beans)

1/4 pound Pepper Jack cheese, grated

1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp. hot sauce (I used sriracha)

1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup mayo
2 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mix together crabmeat, garlic, jalapeno's, pepper jack, worchetershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, mayo, and parmigiano reggiano.
Place a heaping tbsp. of the crab mixture into each mushroom cap.

Bake for 30 minutes.



Another dish I've always wanted to make was Chicken Pot Pie. The recipes I've always found always seemed to be so time consuming. I thought I struck gold when I found Paula Deen's Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe. I was a little skeptical at first, but after seeing 137 review and still having 5 stars, I thought I'd give in a try adding my own additions to the recipe. The recipe makes 2 servings.

























INGREDIENTS
1 chicken breast, cubed

1/4 cup canned carrots
1/4 canned peas
1 potato, cubed and boiled
3 mushrooms, cubed
1 tsp minced garlic
1 can cream of chicken with herbs (Campbells)
1 can chicken broth
1 cup bisquick
3/4 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter

INSTRUCTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sautee the chicken breast with garlic until fully cooked. Divide into the 2 ramekins.
Divide the carrots, peas, boiled potatoes, mushrooms into the 2 ramekins as well.
In a separate bowl, whisk together cream of chicken with chicken broth then pour into the 2 ramekins.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the bisquick and milk and carefully pour on top of the everything else, spreading out the mixture evenly on top.
Pour a tbsp of melted butter on top of each pot pie.
Bake for 35 min.





2 comments:

  1. Can i have another chicken pot pie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing,, but I don't know if i can find all the ingredients over here in Europe!

    ReplyDelete