Friday, February 19, 2010

Green Tea Frosting





















Since my matcha supply has almost come to an end, I decided that I would celebrate it by creating it into a beautiful green frosting.

I took a simple cream cheese frosting recipe and added the matcha in hopes that they would pair well together. Luckily, this experiment worked and voila, matcha frosting :)

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
3 tsp matcha
4 tbsp unsalted butter (1/2 a stick)
8oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract

INSTRUCTIONS
In a medium bowl, whisk the confectioner's sugar and matcha together
In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to blend together butter, cream cheese, and vanilla.
Slowly incorporate the sugar/matcha mixture while using the mixer.
When fully incorporated, beat on medium for approx 5 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. This looks really awesome. I will make this next time. Love your recipes, I've bookmarked your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blog! the pics are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete